Monday 11 June 2012

Primark | Get what you pay for?

Hola!

So today I popped into Primark and picked up a few things, 1 in particular being this gorgeous Navy Blue blouse kinda thing. I seem to be building quite a collection of these Primark tops, I just find them so easy to wear, and they look good too. 1 think I notice about these tops are 9 times out of 10, the buttons look really cheap. Don't get me wrong, for the £6-£11 mark I don't expect Topshop quality, but it has made me think, is it worth it? I'll be honest, I'm aware that for the price paid, the people that make the clothes are probably underpaid in bad working conditions (what a sad thought :(  ) but for the price you pay for a whole outfit is amazing, and honestly, who wears the same clothes for years? No-one, because fashion is constantly changing! I don't wanna pay about £50 for an outfit, that in a couple of months, will be out dated. ( I'm not saying I'm a fashion goddess at all, believe me!). But really, think about it logically. Let's say you get a top for £10. They have to pay for material, then people to make the item, then for it to be shipped to the country, then to the correct store. They have to pay workers, AND make profit, so how much is your £10 top actually worth? What kinda quality are we actually getting? I mean, for a tenner, it's not bad right? But still, £10 is £10, I really don't wanna waste it! If you have any thoughts about this, please comment, and also, if I'm getting this totally wrong, tell me!
Thanks for reading,

Adios!
Abbie
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment